Sunday, May 30, 2010

stress

I can't believe some of the nonsense I have to deal with around here. Selena's mother, Marce, (my sister-in-law) is angry because of the comments my mother made on pictures of me and Selena on my facebook. A few months back, Selena won the local pageant. I had posted a picture of the two of us together with the caption "Miss Teen 2010 and Miss Teen 1997" because I had won the same pageant 13 years ago.

My mother said "You are a great role model for her and you have made such a difference in her life." Keep in mind I have been taking care of Selena for nearly 4 years now. Well, Marce blew up at my mom. She said that she deserved recognition for everything and not me. Whatever. She has been given much praise for the whole pageant thing by many people. I get one compliment and Marcy flips her lid!

So I told my mother-in-law the whole story and told her that I was deleting all of my facebook pictures so that her daughter cannot scan through all the comments for reasons to harrass my family. She was quite angry because she lives so far away and does not get to see her grandchildren more than twice a year and relies on facebook photos.

So Marce phoned me to apologize because she didn't realize how ridiculous it sounded until her mother told her what I had said. She also said that what is really bothering her is that on one of my pics of Selena, my mother commented "Selena is beautiful. She looks like her dad." because Marce thinks that Selena looks like her and to say otherwise is a slap in the face. Now THAT is freaking ridiculous! I believe that my two daughters are my carbon copies, but I have had a few people say that they look more like Stuart. I just laughed. I think they must see them very differently than I do. I sure as hell didn't issue any death threats.

CRAZY PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On a lighter note, Gigi has been dragging herself across the living room floor. It's so funny. She gets so mad and frustrated thinking that we should be helping her, but she is really quite mobile on her own. It's just a matter of lifting her little belly off the floor and then she'll be crawling.

No comments:

Post a Comment